"Cliff, was an excellent facilitator: very cooperative, helpful and pleasant. We certainly appreciate you. Geoff and Tom, with whom we had direct contact, were very helpful and willing to take care of all our requests. They went the second mile. They made us feel we were important and they wanted us to be happy. All staff were very good and made us feel welcome."JL–Toronto
What to Bring
What do I need to bring?
It’s just like camp! Bring comfortable clothing suited for the weather.
- In winter it’s best to be able to layer clothing so you can regulate body temperature and peel off your sweatshirt if you get overheated
- Changes of socks is always a must and footwear that may get wet
- Sleeping bag or bedroll and pillow - but the winterized facilities are warm so you likely won’t need extra blankets
- Flashlight if you like, but we have indoor washrooms for all winterized facilites
- In late spring you might want mosquito repellent
- Evening snacks are provided on retreats – if your leader allows extra items they need to be stored in the main lodge – not your cabins
- Cell phones and electronic equipment are discouraged as we want everyone’s outdoor experience to be enjoyed without distractions
- This is a wonderful place where you can see deer, lots of bird species (including huge wild turkeys) and wonderful plant life so bring your expectation of learning and seeing fun things – and of course your sense of wonder!